Our roofs are vital to the health and well-being of our homes. Without a good roof, our comfort and security would be in jeopardy. However, properly insulating and ventilating our homes and having our roofs inspected regularly can help alert you to potential problems. Spotting and fixing problems early can help your roof stay in good shape, and save money on replacement fees.
What to Expect from a Professional Roof Inspection
When you make an appointment for a professional roof inspection in Buda, an experienced roofer will check your roof for signs of wear and tear, wind damage, leaks, and problems that may have occurred during repairs or shingle installation. The examinations for each of these problems makes up the four parts of a roof inspection.
The Four Parts of a Roof Inspection
A professional roof inspection has four parts: structural inspection, material inspection, interior inspection, and workmanship inspection. An expert roofer performing a roof inspection will check for a variety of things, including:
- Structural Inspection: An inspector will look for uneven roof planes or signs of sagging. They will also check the gutter system.
- Material Inspection: The inspection will check for loose, missing, or curling shingles.
- Interior Inspection: This is done inside your home to check the ceilings, attic, and interior walls for water stains, mold, or other signs that water may be leaking inside from the roof.
- Workmanship Inspection: For this the inspector will carefully examine your roof for possible workmanship errors that could increase the risk of leaks or other damage.
Can I Inspect My Own Roof?
Some homeowners like to inspect their own roof. This can be done, but without proper roofing equipment or professional experience, homeowners who attempt this must be very careful in order to avoid injury. Always observe safety measures such as:
- Never work on a wet roof
- Inspect your ladder for damage before getting on it
- Ensure your ladder is on level ground
- Secure the ladder at the top to keep it from slipping
- Always use both hands when climbing a ladder
- Have a partner at ground level to hold the ladder steady
- Wear something to protect your head and prevent injury in case of a fall
What Should I Look For?
Check for shingles that are curling or buckling. Also keep an eye out for any loose material or extra wear around chimneys, pipes, or other penetrations. Look for soft spots on the roof as well.
The Benefits of a Professional Roof Inspection
While it’s possible to perform your own inspection, there are benefits to having a professional roofer check your roof. An experienced roofer carries the appropriate equipment, tools, and safety gear to complete a thorough roof inspection. In addition, they know what to look for and have the experience to recognize the signs of a potential problem. Once they’ve inspected your roof, a professional roofer can suggest what repairs are needed so you know what needs to happen next.
Interested in having your roof repair or inspected in the Buda TX area? Call Divided Sky Roofing & Solar today to find out how you can schedule a free roofing inspection or repair quote in Buda TX.